Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Papi!!

It is May 28th today, and I would like to say Happy Birthday to my dearest daddy.. =)
Today is my father's 51st birthday. Unfortunately I can't be in Jakarta for his birthday because last 2 weeks I just went home and next month I'll be going back to Jakarta again. Oh how I wish I could be with him and have dinner with my family.

As you can see from my profile, I am a family oriented girl, which means family is the most important thing in the world for me. I have lots of stories to tell about my father, but I'll just pick some of the most memorable stories that I've had with him.
I am very proud of my father. I really admire him for what he has done to my family. He is a very hardworking man who loves to spend time with his family. He is truly wise, yet he has a good sense of humor. I remember that when I was a child, I wasn't really like him for a very silly reason; he liked to tease me. Haha. And I remember that I said to my mommy that "Mommy, I like you more than I like papi, because you always love me and never tease me" oh how innocent I was. LOL

When I was in kindergarten and early primary school, I often make some origami for him, or I'll draw something silly for him. He would comment on that piece of my work, and I'll feel happy because of his funny comment. Few years ago, there was a time when I was crying and I was looking for him. I told all my burden and thoughts to him, and at the end of the conversation I asked him "Do you still love me like you were when I was a kid?". He stared at me and open his cupboard, and show me all single things that I gave to him when I was a child, and he said "These are all the things you made for me years back, now that you've grown up, sometimes I would still open my cupboard and see these things that reminds me how much you love me. Dear, I will always love you no matter what" I started crying and felt so relieved to hear that. Wasn't that sweet and lovely? :)

When I grew up as a teenage girl, I started to realize that my father is truly God's gift to me. I could ask any questions to him from school life, lessons of life and maybe love life sometimes. He is very knowledgeable, and he always answer every questions I asked him.
Well, although I am not coming from a rich family, I would say that my father has brought a very big changes to my family life. I remembered that when I was a kid, eating in a restaurant or having a cup of coffee in a cafe is a "rare thing" for me. Whereby now, He could send me to Singapore to study and provide my family with a very very good life. I could say that each of my family member could fulfill everything that we need and wants, even some unimportant luxurious things that we wanted. I should thank him for what we have now. He is a superman for me.

Now that I am studying in Singapore, I often miss him so much. Although we always communicate through phone at least once in 3 days, I would still miss him so bad.

I've sent a birthday card to him, but I don't think he had received it because he didn't say anything when I called him this morning. hehe, I wish that he will receive it within this 1 or 2 days.

Here are some photos of ours:


This photo was taken 3 years back when I was going to study in Singapore



This photo was taken in Phuket During our vacation last year



This one was also taken in Phuket



Happy Bday dearest Papi,

love you so much

Meryl =)

No comments:

Post a Comment