Thursday, September 30, 2010

Engaged? Why Not? =)


Lately many people have been asking me how could I got engaged in a very young age. The most common question that people ask me is how do you know that he is going to be the one in your life? Are you sure about this?

Well, I have heard tonnes of questions on that. Sometimes it annoys me because I think this is my life, I have my own rights to choose ANY decisions for me. I believe that I'm mature enough to decide whatever I want in my life.

Flashing back to few months ago, My fiance Erick, proposed me during his birthday. It was so surprising that he bought me a ring and proposed me during a special dinner. When I said "yes" to his question, I am very sure that I want to be married to him, however I'm still not sure about the timing. After few times talking about this, I'm very sure that this is the right decision. I'm fine to be married at such a young age.

Many people asked me why I'm so sure that he would be the one in my life because I'm still young, I still may choose other guy which is probably better than him. My answer to their questions has always been:
"After few years spending our time together, I've had many ups and downs. He knows my positive side and negative side, and the most important is we accept each other truly. I believe that as a couple, we have shared many many many things, and we are very open to each other. I also believe that there is no point looking for the "best prince" for my life, looking for a probably better one, because nobody is perfect. Moreover I believe that charm or attractiveness in a guy is very superficial. A guy might seems perfect; smart, charming, successful, gentle. But that is so superficial for me, I may not know whether he has a negative side which doesn't suit me well. For that reason, I have no point in looking for a Mr "better" anymore."

Although there were few of my friends questioned my decision, I am very blessed that my families and my best friends are very supportive towards my decision. This is my life, I make my own decision, I gain my own benefit and I take my own risk.

Thank you so much guys for your love, support and wishes for my wedding.

Love,
Meryl

No comments:

Post a Comment