Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Singapore!

It is been approximately three years since the first time I stepped into Singapore as a student.
There have been many experiences I had, from school, friends, organizations, projects. Within these three years, I've learned many things which I can't mention in details here. However, I am very glad that I am given a chance to feel and experience many new things here.

Singapore has been a second home for me.
Despite its 3 "KS" culture (Kiasu, Kiasi, Kiam siap), Singapore is a very good country. I like how people with different culture, race and religion live in harmony. I love how the government rules this little country into such a developed country with high GDP and high economy growth rates.

Well, sometimes I may get homesick thinking the warmth of family and friends back in Jakarta. However, whenever I'm in Jakarta, I always feel like going back to Singapore where I can live freely and where I have lots of things to do.

Anyway, I would like to wish a very happy birthday to Singapore, my beloved second home :)

--

Hello!!
After writing a short birthday wishes to Singapore, now I'd like to blog about my weekend activities :)

Today is Singapore's national day and I have no plan on what I should be doing today. Because of that, I thought "why don't I try the famous P.S cafe dessert?"
Previously, I was about to go to P.S cafe in Palais. But the weather is very hot for me to walk there from Somerset, then I choose to go to P.S cafe in Paragon since it is very near to Somerset.

P.S cafe in Paragon doesn't have too many desserts compared to P.S cafe in Harding and Palais. However, they still carry their renowned steamed pudding. Thus, I choose their famous sticky date pudding.


Sticky Date Pudding

The cake tastes like banana cake. The cake was lovely! It is not that sweet so it wouldn't make you feel bloated. The best part of the pudding was the toffee sauce. The aroma was sweet and really appetizing. The cake was served with vanilla ice cream, so you can feel the contrast between the warmth of the pudding and the coolness of the ice cream :) nyum!!


That's me ready to taste the sticky date pudding :)


For my outfit, I choose something different today. I rarely wear long skirt nowadays, but after searching on what to wear. I found this Korean long skirt bought by my friend when she visited Singapore back in 2 years. I have never used this skirt before since I had no idea how to match it with my top. But today, I'm wearing it with my old brown lycra t-shirt. It is casual and comfortable to wear in anytime of the day.


Thanks Jeje for the Skirt :)

Once again, I'd like to say Happy Birthday Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment